This is part of my series in which I’ll be writing from prompts given for the Story 101 Session I’m in. These posts and prompts will hopefully draw out more of who God created me to be as a writer. My hope also is that they will help me process through where I’m at in my journey.
1. My favorite childhood toy was…… Hmm that’s a hard one. I don’t have a lot of childhood memories so to pin one down is tough.
2. My favorite childhood game was hide and seek. We would play for hours and hours outside in the summer. Those were some good times and shenanigan times too 🙂
3. A movie a remember liking is a toss up between E.T. And Flight of the Navigator. I would watch them both over and over again.
4. Something I like but I don’t do very often is take bubble baths. Between the Barbie dolls and the toy horses in the tub. Added to the inability to get comfortable. It just takes too much work.
5. If I could lighten up a little I’d probably do more fun spontaneous stuff with Abigail. I have a really hard time with stuff like that. I struggle with being to rigid in our time together and not letting to.
6. If it wasn’t too late and I wasn’t 32 I would totally be a pro surfer. TOTALLY!!
7. Favorite musical instrument is the cello. I love it’s deep, rhythmic sound.
8. Entertainment. I don’t spend a lot on that. However I have a ridiculous Americano habit. I’m embarrassed to even admit how much I spend at Starbucks per month.
9. If money was not a hold up I would buy my artist a Mac book pro and some beautiful journals from Anthropologie.
10. Actual time to myself. Where I have rest and peace. Hardly ever. It’s usually mom stuff. Errands, me going to therapy or other appointments. I have major guilt in having Bethany time and when I do I can’t relax. I don’t know what to do with myself. I had last weekend alone, Fri-Sun and I was violently ill with the norovirus. Soooooooo yeah.
11. I’m afraid to dream because if I do I might get so lost it in that I go through with it. It’ll either fall apart or the people around me will shout insults at me.
12. My secret book loves are Beverly Cleary and Junie B Jones. I love that I get to read them to Abigail because then I don’t feel geeky for loving them.
13. If I would have had my childhood to another way, well I don’t know where I’d be. Not here. It’s because of that, that I am who I am. However maybe I would have been an actress. I do have a flair for the dramatics.
14. If it didn’t sound so crazy I’d write…….. A BOOK!!!!!
15. My parents probably think artists are crazy or hippies or both.
16. I believe God thinks artists are beautiful, Holy, born to breathe life into the broken spaces. Speaking hope, painting life, singing the beauty and acting out those aching moments that we cannot. I believe every artist has been given their gifts by God whether secular or sacred.
17. What makes me feel weird about this class is that my writing will be judged, nitpicked and pulled apart. That I’ll be shut down and told to stop.
18. Trusting myself is the scariest thing ever. It seems impassible when I’ve always been told how stupid, wrong and how poor my choices are. However in my healing and finding my voice I’m learning that trusting myself is okay. That because my ultimate trust is in God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit that I can trust myself because I’m not alone.
19. My cheer up music is Mumford and Sons. EVERY TIME!
20. My style of dress is Boho, non-matching, eclectic, comfortable. I love cardigans, scarves, TOMS and skirts.
I hope this gives you more of a peek into who I am.