I feel like I have been writing a lot of incredibly difficult stuff lately. Even though it’s good for my soul to process those out through writing it tends to weigh down my heart too.
I decided I wanted to mix it up a little so I am going to do a list of 25 things that you might not know about me.
Hopefully this is more fun and offers some comic fodder for you, my readers.
- I am afraid of cotton balls. Esp the ones that come in medicine bottles. The texture freaks me out and sometimes I use scissors or a knife to get it out.
- I had a mega, MEGA crush on Tom Cruise when I was little. I mean come on, it was Top Gun.
- I’d rather be barefoot than wear shoes, but I also love shoes and buying them.
- I have a badass boy voice when reading stories out loud to Abigail.
- I broke my nose at Water World just walking up the stairs.
- I wanted to be an ophthalmologist when I was in 7th grade. It started after we dissected a sheep eye.
- I had my first surgery at 3 to repair a hernia. The second at 9 after the broken nose incident. The last one was at 31 when I had brain surgery.
- I won a writing competition in 5th grade and got to have my story read at the ceremony.
- I was a cheerleader for five years.
- When I was in 6th grade I begged my parents to send me to Barbizon, the modeling school. I went, that’s when I learned how to smoke.
- I smoked from 11 until I was 24 and got pregnant.
- I had been to rehab at least 15 times before I got pregnant and really got clean.
- I can sing the entire opening song to The Golden Girls…… “Thank you for being a friend”
- I am addicted to cardigans and scarves. So much so that in the winter I sleep in them.
- I had hammer pants in 4th grade. I thought I was badass.
- I haven’t spoken to my father in five years.
- I love sending snail mail so if you want to be my pen pal let me know.
- All of my best friends live in other states. We all met either through Twitter, Facebook and a writing course I took last summer.
- Phineas and Ferb is actually one of my favorite shows. I’ll watch it even when Abigail is not home.
- My favorite sandwich when I was younger was grilled cheese with peanut butter.
- I started reading Danielle Steel books at 11, mixed in with The Babysitters Club :0
- I love to color in coloring books, and not just with Abigail.
- I have never had flowers sent to me.
- TOMS are my favorite shoes, so much so that they have become part of my identity.
- In high school our English teacher asked a friend of mine to house sit for her while they were on vacation. We promptly used the key to have a party. She found a couple beer bottles we hadn’t thrown away and busted us at school.
I could probably list more, most would be serious stuff. I love making lists like this, especially with other people. It’s fun to get to know the random things about people that aren’t necessarily a part of our everyday conversations.
I hope you enjoyed and feel free to write your own and post it in the comments section on my blog.
I would love to hear what you have to say and to get to know you better. I am glad you found me and stopped by to say hi. Please be respectful if you disagree. Otherwise my minions will find you :)